During the hot summer months, it’s very easy to lose fluids and dehydrate.
I quite enjoy keeping refreshed by drinking smoothies especially on days when I need something more relaxing and cooling
One of the fruits that I find keeps me easily and consistently hydrated is watermelon. It’s sweet and delicious and makes it all the more exciting to turn it into a smoothie.
Here are the benefits of watermelon:
- Low in calories
- Contains vitamins A and C
- Contains compounds that may help prevent cancer
- Lowers inflammation
- Helps you hydrate
- Can improve digestion
Now with these benefits just imagine the multiple advantages you’ll enrich your body with when a delicious watermelon is made into a smoothie containing the following ingredients:
- Banana – contains powerful antioxidants and can protect heart health.
- Pineapple – boost immunity and may help reduce the risk of cancer.
- Strawberries – rich in antioxidants and can help with blood sugar control.
- Soyamilk – contains vitamins A and B and has as much proteins as cow’s milk.
- Elderflower (cordial) – alleviates allergies by boosting the immune system.
Now, let’s dive right in.
Preparation for 750mls smoothie:
- Add 1 handful of strawberries into the blender.
- Add 1/2 a bowl of pineapple chunks.
- Add 1 over ripe banana.
- 400mls of ice cold water with 15mls of elderflower cordial.
- 250mls of Soya milk.
- Then blitz until smooth.
Serve with ice in your favourite favourite Kilner handled Jar and Enjoy the summer.
Till next time,